Mariological Society of America was founded by Fr. Juniper B. Carol,
O.F.M., in October 1949. The charter members gathered for the first
meeting in Washington, D.C., in January 1950. Since that time,the MSA
has met annually in various cities throughout the United States.
In 1954, the Society was recognized as a corporation"organized
exclusively for charitable, religious, educational and scientific purposes."
in the Official Catholic Directory as one of the national organizations
of the United States Catholic Conference, it is recognized as a
Since 1979, the office of the executive secretary of the MSA has been located at the Marian Library of the University